I wish to offer employees and employers in BC with a resource for up-to-date information about their rights and obligations in their employment relationships, and to offer my legal assistance where required.
In order to achieve this goal, I offer counsel for anyone who has found themselves in the unfortunate situation of employment termination, whether an employee or an employer. If you are interested in a private consultation, please e-mail me.
If you are an employer or an employee and you require the professional assistance of a lawyer, check out my Do you have a winning case section.
For those of you who are interested in my background and who I am, I was born and raised in Toronto and earned a Bachelor of Arts from University of Toronto. On relocating to the West Coast I earned my Law Degree from UBC.
I have been a practising lawyer since 1984, and I have appeared at all BC court levels, at the BC Human Rights Tribunal, Canada Labour Code adjudications, Labour Relations Board, and the Employment Standards Tribunal.
Some of my professional memberships include:
- Law Society of BC
- Canadian Bar Association
- Fraser Valley Bar Association (Past President)
- Trial Lawyers Association of BC
I am also active in my community and I have been honoured to serve in many different ways, including:
- BC Brain Injury Association - Member
- Langley Memorial Hospital Foundation - Past Director
- North Langley Chamber of Commerce now known as "The Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce" - member, past Director
- Langley Association for Community Living - past Director
- Rotary Club of Langley - Sunrise - Charter Member and Past Director,PHF
- Langley-Abbotsford Liberal Riding Association - Past Treasurer/Director
- Scouts Canada - Former Fort Langley Scout leader
Comments / Questions?
Lawrence W. Coulter